Dec 23, 2020
I recently posted this quote on Instagram about
discipline and many of you responded with questions on how to
effectively discipline so children develop cooperation, problem
solving, compassion, respect and other important life skills.
There is not one right way to discipline that works for every
child in every situation, but on this episode I share with you tips
that will help you pick a response that fits each unique
On this episode Mama Instincts talks about:
- How to listen to parenting advice with an open mind, filter it
and implement what works for your family.
- Why you want to be your child's coach, and not just a
- How to raise children who cooperate with you because they
understand "the why" and not because they are complying out of fear
of you, your reaction or something they want being taken away from
them. The goal is for children to do the right thing, because they
understand it is the right thing to do.
- The importance of your children understanding why we're
- What effect positive discipline has on our children's emotional
- Tips and creative solutions for setting boundaries and
disciplining from a place of love.
After listening to this episode you will have tools to
discipline your children effectively and from a place of love so
that you can raise emotionally intelligent children.
For full show notes, click here.
For more parenting inspiration: